CARE COORDINATION AND RESOURCE AND REFERRAL HELP LINE SERVICES
VITALity Care Coordination assists individuals and families in navigating the often complex and confusing maze of healthcare options and support services available to maintain a safe living arrangement at home or develop plans for transition to a more protective and service intense environment. Our staff of RNs and social workers are healthcare partners, providing advocacy, guidance and support to help access appropriate, needed medical services and connect families with social service agencies who can provide the essential help in dealing with their health concerns.
Staffed by knowledgeable and caring operators, the Resource and Referral toll free number: 1-888-26-VITALity (1-888-268-4825) provides valuable information about healthcare services and community resources that can address the relevant issues related to aging and disability. Callers are connected to the resources they need to provide appropriate care and support.
During 2018, VITALity staff received nearly 1,000 calls (an increase of 20% over last year) and our nurses and social workers made 1,739 visits and calls to 961 persons in need of help with their healthcare issues (a 15% increase).
By: Mimi Schaible, Director of Care Coordination and Consultation, and Resource and Referral Help Line
OVER 50 TYPES OF HEALTH SERVICES ARRANGED
TOP 10 SERVICES
Home Health Aides
Nutritional Services / Meals on Wheels
Housing / Assisted Living
Mental Health Counseling
Catholic Charities Referrals
In-Home Medical Care
MOST COMMON CLIENT DIAGNOSES
(IN ORDER OF FREQUENCY)
Alzheimer's / Dementia
"At first, we felt like there was no one out there. Then my friend told me about VITALity. The Care Coordinator visited us and was able to get us help at home during a very difficult time. We felt so relaxed and secure, just knowing someone was there to help. VITALity gave my husband and I hope. We feel so much better."
"When the Care Coordinator comes, we don't have to worry because she gets things done. She asks all the right questions and is very thorough. She know what it needed and we trust her. She is wonderful."
What is Care Coordination and Consultation?
The Care Coordination & Consultation Program of VITALity is a charitable service of the Diocese of Camden that consist of Care Coordinators, professional nurses and social workers, who assist seniors and people with disabilities in obtaining the care that they need at home.
Who are Care Coordinators?
Care Coordinators Are:
- Registered Nurses and Medical Social Workers who will assist you to access Diocesan and Community Resources.
- Caring Professionals who will meet you in the privacy of your home or a Parish setting and talk about your concerns and the services that are available.
- Experienced in navigating the health care system and helping others through the complex process of today's medical system.
How Can Care Coordinators Help You?
Care Coordinators Can Help You:
- Remain as healthy and independent as possible at home.
- Maintain the highest level of physical, spiritual and emotional vitality as you encounter the challenges of aging or disability.
- Become more informed about your health care needs and services required to meet those needs.
- Identify risks of hospitalization and help manage them.
- Connect you to needed medical, social and spiritual services in the community.
- Receive emotional and spiritual support for you and your caregivers.
Some examples of Care Coordination include (not all are listed) :
- Arrange for home delivery of medications for an individual who is home from the hospital and is unable to pick up their medications.
- Provide health education and literature about an illness.
- Work with hospital staff, Physician and Parish to coordinate/arrange the needed home, community and spiritual services after discharge.
- Contact transportation services to arrange for a ride to a doctor's appointment.
- Provide education about insurance and prescription coverage and eligibility for assistance.
- Discuss home care and hospice services and arrange for care..